I just wanted to thank the lovely bloggers that nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you for being so generous and sweet in acknowledging my blog. Like I have mentioned before, this blog has been a lifeline for me. It has helped me through some difficult times in my life. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Every like, comment, and view has uplifted and encouraged me. Thank you again! 🙂
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers and ask them 11 questions (let them know you nominated them, tag them in your post or tell them in some way!)
11 Facts about Me
- I love Italian food. I think I could have spaghetti everyday if I could.
- I can’t stop eating chips once I start, so I have been convincing myself that eating tons of popcorn will satisfy that craving.
- I want to do more sheet masks, but hate the feeling of a cold sheet of cloth hitting my warm face. I haven’t done one in years I think.
- I feel applying nail polish is truly therapeutic.
- I have been walking like 10,000 steps everyday playing Pokemon Go.
- My least favourite part of my day is standing and brushing my teeth with my electric toothbrush for two minutes. That is why I have done away with the Clarisonic.
- I read a lot of magazines. My favourites are Vogue, Teen Vogue, and domino and lots of Japanese magazines.
- I love playing Scrabble.
- I love museums and art galleries. I especially love looking at fossils and artifacts. Anyone want to go look at the Ice Man?
- I used to be a dog person, but I’m beginning to see the appeal of cats.
- I used to not feel confident showing my legs, but gosh, wearing shorts is just so much more practical in the summer heat.
Thank to Kate from the skintuition blog for nominating me. Thank you for always supporting my blog. I first discovered her blog because I was getting into Korean skincare. She has great blogposts on Asian skincare, but also a variety of beauty topics. You need to check her blog out!
Here are her questions:
What is the most gutsy thing you have ever done (and are willing to share)?
Move to another country to live for a while and have no idea how to take care of myself. I didn’t even know how to boil an egg.
Describe your dream life. What does your daily routine look like?
I don’t know in what order. I would still like to wake up relatively early. I think I would still want to work a little bit. Hmm, maybe go wander the city. Hang out with family and friends. Do something spontaneous perhaps.
Are you a coffee or a tea person?
I stopped drinking caffeine for quite a while. If I had to pick, it would be coffee.
Why did you first get into blogging?
It kind of became a part of my therapy for my anxiety.
Where are you currently living?
What is your favorite thing to do on a lazy afternoon?
Probably watch Youtube all day. That is so bad!
What is your current skin or beauty routine?
I don’t do a total 10 step Korean skincare routine. I usually apply essence, serum, ampoule, moisturizer, eye cream, and then sunscreen if it is daytime.
Are you a sweet or a savory person? /What is your favorite dessert/dish?
Definitely a sweet person. I am the type of person that will look at the dessert section of a menu first. My favourite dessert probably would be a chocolate mousse cake. Although, I rarely meet a dessert I don’t like.
Do you have any “bodily modifications” such a tattoos or piercings? If so, where? What’s the story?
Nope. I don’t really any. Well, except for by ear piercings. There is no story there. I remember I was around 10 and holding a big teddy bear so I wouldn’t be afraid.
What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
I can’t think of anything. I used to think the G. H. Cretors Chicago Mix was weird. It is a mix of kettle corn and cheese covered popcorn. Sweet and salty at the same time, but I realized the cheesiness really offset the sweetness of the caramel corn. You can only eat so much caramel corn before it gets too sweet!
Do you tend to speak your mind or do you prefer to calculate a response? Why/why not?
I wish I could speak my mind more, but I am not a person that loves confrontation unless I have to. I guess life is full of grey areas. I think it would be nice to speak your mind all the time, but I think there is a time and place for everything, and it is important to consider the feelings of everyone. However, with people that are really important to you, I think it is always best to tell the truth unless it is truly detrimental to the other person.
Thank you also to the Molly from the kawaiipeachgrl blog. Thank you for always being supportive of my blog. The name of her blog is so adorable and so is she. She is doing the amazing 30 Day Beauty Challenge right now and I am so impressed. Go check it out.
Here are her questions:
In what country are you living at the moment?
I live in Canada.
What is your dream job?
This is like a childhood dream, but I would love to be a pop singer. Haha.
Whats your favourite cartoon/anime/fictional character? (E.g. hello kitty, snoopy or harry potter)
Oh, since you mentioned Harry Potter. I love Ron Weasley. He is so adorable, loyal, and funny. Plus, I was always a Ron and Hermione shipper from the very beginning.
Favourite film you have seen and why is it your favourite?
My favourite film is “Before Sunset” starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delphy. The whole movie is just about them walking around Paris and talking about things that happened in their since they last met. I love the dialogue and the insight that they have developed since the ten years that they first met.
What’s your favourite beauty item AND brand?
My favourite beauty item is eyeliner and I couldn’t think of one brand I was loyal to. I really dabble in so many brands.
What’s your favourite season, spring/summer/autumn or winter?
Since I am all about anti-aging, I try to stay out of the sun. My favourite season is probably autumn. Mostly, because the weather is the perfect temperature and the leaves look beautiful as they are changing colour.
Favourite sound? (E.g. rain, running water, waves, fire crackling)
Wind blowing through the trees
Who is your role model and why?
No one in particular. I guess anyone who strives to make the world a better place.
What’s your favourite shop?
Madewell. If anyone asked me what was my style, I would probably answer “Madewell.”
What do you like to do at the weekends or in your spare time?
Other than watch Youtube. Haha. I like to veg out a lot. Other than that, I love to try new restaurants.
Have you been playing Pokemon Go? If yes, what level are you? if no, why not?
YES!!! I am probably playing too much, but boy I am getting a lot of exercise. I am on Level 22. I am still missing so many Pokemons though.
Thank you also to Shopaholic Blogs for generously nominating me for the Liebster Award. Thank you for also liking and supporting my blog. Her blog is super cute. If you love great beauty reviews, you need to visit her blog.
One TV show you can binge watch anytime
Sex and the City
One makeup mistake you will never forget
Probably trying to use my eyelash curler after I already applied mascara.
Your secret ambition
To be a pop singer. Haha.
The best makeup dupe you would highly recommend
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer for the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
How do you beat blogging setbacks
I think for me a setback would be not knowing what to write about. I can’t just keep on buying more and more beauty products to review because I would be broke and run out of storage. I usually read other people’s blogs for inspiration and just leave it for a few days. Most of my ideas usually come when I am brushing my teeth (2 minutes on the electric toothbrush almost kills me everyday).
What is your favorite quote and by whom
“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.” — by Albert Camus
What is your makeup style
Pretty natural even though I put on quite a bit of makeup.
One blogger that inspires you
Vivianna Does Makeup. I don’t know how she manages to blog almost everyday.
What is your one guilty pleasure
Ruffles All-Dressed Potato Chips
Three things that are always in your handbag
Phone, money (credit cards), and keys. I usually never carry any makeup because I hate touching up.
(I have nominated some of the nominees before. Don’t feel obligated to do it unless you want to. I just wanted to recognize your blog.)
- Where do you get inspiration for blogposts?
- What is the favourite blogpost you have written and why (please link if you want to)?
- What are some of your desert island (must-haves) beauty products?
- What are your favourite and least favourite aspects of blogging?
- What is your favourite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
- What are some things you do to de-stress?
- Do you have any regrets in life or do you believe you should never have any regrets?
- Do you believe in fate or that life just full of random coincidences?
- Cream blush or Powder Blush?
- Manicure or Pedicure?
- Do you buy beauty products online? What are some of your favourite online stores?
Thank you to anyone who made it to the end of this long blogpost! 🙂